What I Did Last Summer Part 2

I went an Artist Retreat at Pointer’s Ridge in late June. We painted in Plein Air along the Big Sioux River. 8×10” Acrylic on Canvas Board.

I did a portrait of an old Dutch Elm stump, and had some fun with it! 9×12” Acrylic on Canvas Board.

Here is the quaint little A-frame we stayed in.

Advertisements

Mariemont Plein Air Outing

This weekend I went to my first Cincinnati Paint Out.

The setting was a historic German Town sponsored by the Woman’s Art Club. This group was founded in 1892, originally because the Cincinnati Art Club excluded Woman. Today neither club excludes genders.


I chose to paint at the Mariemont Concourse, which overlooks the Ohio River Valley. I started early in the day, and finished in 3 hours, fortunately before the heat of the afternoon.


It was a great experience!


There were about 60 artists attending, who were friendly and welcoming.


Here I am with my painting that SOLD.


10×20″ Acrylic on Canvas with 1.5″ painted gallery wrap edges.

A Pond in Summer

IMG_5325

I’m practicing my trees. We will be moving to an area with more hills and trees. Cincinnati here I come! This is why my blog has been quiet, moving is too much work!

Now available at The Daily Paintworks

Frost Fest Plein Air (Part 1)

image

I went to our Nature Park to do a little plein air watercolor painting. I wanted to steak out the locations for our Frost Fest Plein Air Outing this weekend. I will probably do an acrylic painting on Saturday. It will be nice this weekend too, but hopefully the snow won’t be all melted.

5″x8″ moleskin watercolor sketchbook.

Valley of Enemy Creek (WIP03) Final

image

“Valley of Enemy Creek” 30″x48″ Stretched Canvas

Although I will probably see little touches of strokes I want to add, I am finished, fin! Although I need to sign and paint the gallery edges which are 1.5″ depth.

image

Time to open a bottle of wine! Cheers!

Sunlight Through Tree WIP1

image

I thought I would keep working on trees now and then. It’s similar to studying the figure, except they vary more, and have a more random element added to them, but they do have limbs. This is the first step of the underpainting.

image

Now I’ve added the clumps of leaves. The underpainting helps me work out the shapes, and negitive space.