I felt like doing another painting of snow covered hay bales, and make it bigger but still small. I’m gettting warmed up right now from after my hiatus, and that makes it time for exploration. This way I can do more quicker.
I’m thinking of sunshine and flowers, while our first blizzard hits. Yesterday our yard was a healthy green. Today it wears a blanket of snow, but it’s pretty too.
The first image is the under painting, and the second is the finished work. 8″x10″ acrylic on canvas board.
While thinking of Lilly Pads I played with the Sketches App on my new IPad Pro and Apple Pencil. Watercolor on steroids! How delightfully playful to create! Could be a very useful technique!
Results displayed in half resolution if you click on the image.
Lately I have been bogged down with other projects, nearing the completion of the mural, and preparing for a big change. Hopefully by the end of summer I can back to doing more free painting, and blogging.
I want to do another version of “Valley of Enemy Creek” It was one of my best projects and I want to be able to exhibit the work.
I started again with a study because I might as well make some adjustments to the composition, since it doesn’t need to be exactly as it is in real life.
Mainly I move the tree to the right, and changed the direction of the water in the foreground. The first painting I did is in recent posts.
The study is 9×12″ and the final will probably be 18×24″.